Thursday, May 12, 2011

Farewell, stupid appendix.

They're starving me again! Okay, that seems totally over dramatic, but I'm getting laparoscopic surgery done tomorrow to remove my appendix and I have to fast. Sure, it's fine if it's only going to be the 9 and a half hours before surgery, but they better let me eat afterwards! I don't want a repeat of the Easter long weekend... 2 days without food!

This may sound a bit weird, but I'm actually really hoping that it is my appendix which has been causing all these issues, because they're actually prepared for that. I'm sure they'll know how to deal with anything else that may be the issue, but I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I'm actually prepared for that.

There are so many other possibilities, as they're not 100% sure it is appendicitis, so what if it's something more serious? Okay, let's not think about that.

I looked up the procedure today on the net... (More info here if anyone else is curious.) I probably shouldn't have. Haha. Thing is, I was fine when the doctor talked to me about it, but since I've told people what's going on, I keep getting asked if I'm worried. And being asked has actually caused me to start worrying.

The info on that site is way too confronting for someone who was trying to be naive about the whole thing. I'm the kind of person who knows she doesn't want to know, but is too curious not to find out, then once she does wishes she hadn't.

Oh, I just realised how late it's gotten! I have to be up early tomorrow, so apologies if this post seems a bit inconclusive, but I must be off! Wish me luck for tomorrow...
Goodnight all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment