Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gah.

Why do some women hate liberation? I'm not a total feminist or anything, and I can't say that I'm even completely up-to-scratch with how it all worked out for us females, but I'm damn sure that I prefer having the right to being paid the same as men, to vote and to show my knees to the public!

Would you really prefer not having the choice to work the same jobs as men, having half the rights men do, and not having the right to say 'No' ? Just because you're sick of working and not having the door opened for you, would you rather not having the right to choose?

And on that note, what is up with the opposite? Seriously, if a man is opening the door for you, it is generally out of sheer chivalry, not because they're being demeaning and think we can't handle things on their own. Chivalry ain't dead.

All in all, I think we should be more open-minded on both ends. Today allows us to make the choice, right? We can work if we want to, or stay home if we want to. And we have the right to kick men between the legs if they send us to the kitchen demanding a sandwich cause it's our 'duty!' Mhmm. I went there. Hehe.

1 comment: