Monday, September 27, 2010

Endings.

I would like to know why high schools force us to go through so many endings when it comes to 'The End.' In the past week of high school - which indeed was the last - we had 1 last day of classes, 2 graduation masses, 2 presentations of our end of year results, and 1 end of year excursion. It doesn't even seem like the end anymore.

It's like "Oh this is it! ... But wait, you have to say Goodbye again tomorrow ... Okay, this is it! ... Wait wait wait ... You must first graduate.. Again. Tomorrow."

I haven't even had the chance to be emotional about it. You'd think leaving all of it behind would count for some emotional reaction, right? I guess once I start reading people's messages on my graduation bear, I'll crack open. But I am currently avoiding that. Perhaps I'm avoiding the thought of it really being the end. I like to think I am ready to move on, into a new adventure, but I really can't say that I am just yet.

Speaking of signature bears and all those kinds of things, I find them really fake sometimes. That's why I only got a bear, so that there was limited space for people to write - thus an excuse to only have my close friends write something and I knew it would count for something, and really mean something.

Some people are getting random classmates that they knew from some class back in the day... I mean, what do these people know about you? I was asked to write in a few of these random books. I don't know what to write in them. I didn't really know them. It bugs me really to see someone try and draw something sentimental from someone they haven't that connection with. What's the use? I would rather a less amount of messages from a group of people who mean more to me. Does that even make sense?

This brings us to social obligations. But that's for next time! I have a Maths past paper to get started on... :) Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment