Monday, October 11, 2010

No time.

I don't really have much to say... I should actually be studying right now! Stupid HSC.

Seeing as I haven't much time to make real blog posts these days, I thought I might share a poem I wrote. I wrote it about a year ago for someone I used to know.


Stronger Today

Today I will be stronger,
Today I will be me.
I’m killing all my demons,
From today I shall be free.

This weight upon my shoulders,
Has been causing my decay.
I shall lift it off, burn it through.
I’m a new person today.

You’ve held me back from life,
And too my heart from love.
You even had me doubting,
My faith in god above.

You’ve ruined me for too long now,
Today I take control.
I’m not the person of yesterday.
Today I save my soul.

No giving into temptation,
No pain brought on myself.
I do not deserve it all.
I want back my heart and health.

I’ve been smiling on the outside,
But today it's inside too.
I’m leaving my past behind me.
Today I’m pushing through.

So now your time has passed,
You don't control me any longer.
Today I am my own self.
Today I will be stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment