Thursday, October 21, 2010

Over seven hundred?

Seven hundred and thirty page views? When did this happen? Shawks guys.

I don't even know how many people actually read this, but to those who do, thank you :) Don't be shy to comment, yeah? If you disagree with something, or something doesn't make sense, or you just feel like sharing the love... You don't have to have an account to comment. And I'd love to know what you're all thinking!

Anyway, not much to say today as I am busy busy "studying" for this thing they call HSC. Perhaps another one of my poems to fill the void? It is kind of depressing, I admit...


Sweet Surrender

Speeding down the highway,
Through the fog and pouring rain.
Blood smeared down my jacket sleeve,
My own desired stain.

An empty bottle of Jack
Simply rattles across the floor.
It's failed to erase the memories
I am desperate to ignore.

Nothing lies before me,
But this dark and empty road.
This nothingness, it troubles me.
I am ready to explode.

My heart, it beats like raindrops,
Heavy and pounding against my chest.
Never have I felt so alive,
Nor so longed eternal rest.

I catch one last short breath,
And shut my vacant eyes.
Succumbing to the one within,
Who’s been wearing my disguise.

Switching the pedals below me,
Locking in my wheels and fate.
And releasing me from everything.
Regrets of life and hate.

Gliding across the tarmac,
Invisible. Numb. I’m flying.
I have finally found my escape,
From a life entrapped in dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment