Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fear and hope.

You know the feeling of just need, want, desire... that boils within you?

But uncertainty creeps over you like a dark shadow, and don't know if you will ever obtain it... How can you reach it? What's standing in your way? What would you give to have it?

What are we without our dreams and fears? We are nothing.

We put ourselves out there every day to try and reach the things we desire, but there is no crystal ball. We can never be sure of the success and failure to come in life.

We wear our hearts on our sleeves, running in circles sometimes until we break down, exhausted by the drive that pushed us and pushed us. Sometimes we crack and can't take it any longer. We become overtaken by this idea that we can't succeed. And so we settle.

We let go of this hold we have on desire. Let go of the need to fulfill any kind of dream. And we become society, rather than an individual.

I just hope I never give up on what I want my future to be. People say that if you believe it enough, things will happen. I don't agree with that at all. You have to work to get to where you want to be. You can't just rely on hope, you have to be willing to put in the effort.

I may try a million times and fail, but I will try a million times more.

No comments:

Post a Comment