Sunday, August 22, 2010

Decisions.

When it comes towards the end of high school, we often find ourselves lost for answers. At some points, the most important may seem the ones we're presented with in our exams; but the most daunting of all I believe is the question of what's to come after high school.

I've been trying to decide what I want to do with my life. It seems a bit melodramatic to think that whatever we decide now will decide the rest of our lives, but I feel like I need at least some kind of direction to head in. I know the things I love to do, and what I'm good at, but where do I go from there?

I can't even imagine myself in the future. Have you ever tried that? Trying to picture yourself in 5 or 10 years from now... Where will you go? Who will you be? What will you know? Who will matter? And who no longer does?

This is my problem when trying to decide what I want for my future; I can't imagine my life so changed. But it's inevitable that things will change, which is the beauty of it. We haven't known anything but school since we were 5... it's scary, yet so incredibly liberating! :)

There are so many choices to make and opportunities to arise. I just hope that I can figure out which to make and take, to lead me into a life I'd be happy with and proud of.

We can never be completely sure about our future, just the decisions we make that build up to it... I wish things would become clearer sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment