Saturday, January 29, 2011

Middle-child syndrome?

I hate when people say I have "middle-child syndrome." What the heck is that even supposed to mean? There is no such damn thing. Just because we weren't the first or last, doesn't mean we have some kind of disadvantage... or advantage for that matter.

We are not louder or shyer, not clumsier or more graceful, not smarter or dumber... we are who we are. Personalities, not age. Don't judge me based on whether or not I am a middle-child. GrRrr.

Okay, yes, I am aware this is not a common occurrence; quite rare in fact. It is just frustrating. I hate when people judge by appearance, and that is a common occurrence. Whether it's judging someone on which child they are, or what school they go to, or what they wear... It's pathetic.

Seriously, keep it to yourself. My mum always told me, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." If only more people could be so wise...

No comments:

Post a Comment